Sunday, April 3, 2011

Progress: Barcode check-in app

I made some progress on my barcode scanner app for GVCC last night. After screwing around for 2 hours trying to compile zxing in Eclipse, I gave up and used the "cheap" way and just used the barcode scanner through Intents. What a difference! Used/modified the example code snippet that zxing posted on their website, and within 10 minutes I was scanning barcodes and displaying the results on the screen.

Now I just have to finish up by writing those scanned codes into a file and allowing the user to email the file to a configured email address once all of the scans are completed. I tried messing with the file system, but I don't think I have the permissions set right, or maybe I'm just not saving the file to the correct location. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but I just need to get in there and figure out why it's not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment